It seems to me that life can move by in two very different intervals. At times it feels as if the world around us is moving so very fast. Moments slip through our fingers lost to the winds of time in less time than it takes to blink an eye.
While at other times moments can last ten life times, each heartbeat taking hours to complete while we watch waiting for it to be over.
Long drawn out opening set up -- CHECK
Potent Metaphor Hinting at a deeper meaning -- CHECK
Redundant Checklist -- CHECK
The marriage pause is the moment we married people take to assess a situation and decide what our next action should be. Typically, ladies have us men beat in this department right out the gate. Women can take a holistic approach to any situation, whereas men, especially in the early years of a marriage are lucky if they remember to open the car door for our spouses.
That is not to say men cannot learn how to take the marriage pause, it is just our learning curve can be a bit steep. However we do get the easy ones. But there are some that require a more advanced degree.
TheHusBlog Definition Pause : Marriage Pause Degrees
- Elementary School : A woman other than our wife asks if we want to have sex. This is easy we say no (pause would be only as long as it takes us to draw breathe to say NO). Give us some credit here ladies.
- Junior High : Pause to compliment wife when she is dressed to the 9's.
- G.E.D. : Pause to think if the wife needs anything from the store when you go to get something for yourself.
- High School Diploma : When going to the store pause to ASK the wife if she needs anything.
- Bachelor's Degree : Taking a moment to really think about the best gift to get the wife for an anniversary or birthday.
- Master's Degree : Before you invite 10 friends over to watch the game you think if that will bother the wife and if so how you can alleviate her issues.
- PhD : Thinking about big decisions such as job or living condition and how it will affect your wife before you even contemplate it for yourself.