So I was thinking the other day of all the things that I'd love my wife to say, like : "Honey do you want to see the new lingerie I bought?" OR "Honey we really need a new HDTV." OR "Honey, we should buy you something." Now let me first say that I don't think I have ever heard my wife say any of those things but hey a guy can dream can't he?
Now this naturally made me think of all things my wife can say that send a small shiver down my spine. So here they are :
Things That Make A Husband Cringe
- "We need to go furniture shopping" --Furniture shopping is a horrid experience because men in general do not care. Can I sit on it, will it hold a TV, these are the only two questions we really care about. And most times us guys just don't have an opinion on something, so we say "whatever you want babe." Little do we know that this is the wrong answer.
- "Let's clean the house this weekend" --Cleaning the house usually involves us lugging trash to the garage but for some reason during a house cleaning little DIY projects always see to creep in. Thanks for vacuuming, now can you hang these three pictures.
- "Honey, I have a great project for us to do together" --Recipes for disaster.
- "The new Twilight movie is out" --NNnnnnnnnOOOOOoooooooooo
- "How much money do we have in the account?" --We are about to buy something big I know nothing about.
- Let's go to the mall" --If we really want terrorists to talk, why waterboard when 3 hours through a crowded mall will work just as well. Just a few minutes of dodging strollers, kids that run in strange unpredictable patterns, and countless people trying to sell you stuff will make even the most hardened terrorist spill.
These are just a few examples.